Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (LSSYB)®
This course includes 16 hours | High-quality E-Learning | Learning Lean Six Sigma Training Manual | Utilize MS Excel and Yellow Belt Lean Six Sigma technologies. No prior expertise necessary | Chapter Quizzes and Mock up exams | Exam Application Support | Scenarios and Case Studies | Course Completion Certificate | KHDA Approved
Continuous improvement is the heartbeat of many organizations, with Lean Six Sigma emerging as a favored approach to enhance processes. These initiatives, often undertaken collaboratively, aim to optimize workflows, delivering services or products to customers, patients, or citizens with greater efficiency and accuracy. Whether it’s refining billing systems, licensing procedures, logistics, or production lines, the goal is clear: to do more with less.
At Red Learning Institute, we recognize the pivotal role individuals play in these improvement endeavors. That’s why we offer comprehensive training programs, including the Yellow Belt course, designed to equip team members with a fundamental understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles and their role within project frameworks.
In the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course, you will learn:
- In-depth knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Advanced problem-solving skills and statistical analysis techniques
- How to lead and execute improvement projects within your organization
- Data-driven decision-making and process optimization strategies
- Effective communication and leadership skills to drive change and achieve results
Who should attend?
Our Yellow Belt training is tailored for anyone interfacing with Lean and Six Sigma methodologies on a regular basis. Whether you’re a manager seeking deeper insights into the methodology or an employee expected to contribute to Lean Six Sigma projects, this course ensures you’re well-prepared with the requisite knowledge and background information.
No prior familiarity with Lean Six Sigma is necessary; our training sessions delve into the philosophy and origins of Lean Six Sigma, laying a solid foundation for understanding. Through interactive sessions and practical simulations, we clarify key concepts, ensuring participants grasp the essence of Lean Six Sigma and its practical applications. Join us at Red Learning Institute and embark on a journey towards mastery and organizational excellence.
A Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC) Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt possesses a foundational understanding of Six Sigma principles, although they do not lead projects independently. Their responsibilities typically include creating process maps to support Six Sigma initiatives. Yellow Belts serve as essential team members or subject matter experts (SMEs) on projects and may lead smaller process improvement endeavors using the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) methodology, also known as the Deming Wheel. Through PDCA, Yellow Belts can pinpoint processes that could benefit from enhancement. These smaller-scale Yellow Belt projects are often elevated to Green Belt or Black Belt levels, where the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) methodology, along with Statistical Process Control, is employed to maximize cost savings.
The CSSC Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge encompasses a foundational understanding of the Six Sigma quality improvement methodology, primarily aimed at employees participating in related projects. Yellow Belts play a supportive role to Green and Black Belts within Six Sigma teams while also managing other non-Six Sigma responsibilities within their job descriptions.
Key topics covered in the Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge include:
- Explanation of Six Sigma and its role in data-driven processes and decision-making.
- Contrasts between decision-making processes with and without Six Sigma methodologies.
- Defining Six Sigma and its real-world applications through examples.
- Calculating Sigma Level and its interpretation.
- Common Six Sigma principles focusing on customer-focused improvement, value streams, continuous process improvement, waste reduction, people empowerment, and process control.
- Challenges associated with Six Sigma implementation such as lack of support, resources, knowledge, poor project execution, data access issues, and industry-specific concerns.
- Historical development and application of Six Sigma, including its adoption by notable companies like Toyota, Motorola, ABB, Allied Signal, and General Electric.
- Overview of Six Sigma certification levels and certification exams.
- Comparison with other process improvement methodologies such as Lean Process Management, Total Quality Management, Business Process Reengineering, Rummler-Brache, Scrum, and Customer Experience Management Method (CEM).
- Guidance on when to choose Six Sigma based on problem complexity and cost implications.
- Introduction to Lean concepts including the Seven Muda, 5S, Just-in-Time manufacturing, and basic Lean Six Sigma concepts like standard deviation, the Pareto principle, Voice of the Customer, and metrics such as Defects per Million Opportunities (DPMO), First Time Yield (FTY), and Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY).
- Approaches to problem-solving including understanding process functions, using the 5 Whys technique, and creating effective problem statements.
- Understanding processes, their components, and identifying process owners.
- Identifying Critical to Quality (CTQ) characteristics and managing quality using cost-related metrics.
- Selecting the right projects for Six Sigma implementation at both enterprise and process levels.
- Basics of Six Sigma team management including team member roles, timelines, scheduling, milestones, budgets, and defining measures of success.
- Introduction to DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) and DMADV (Define, Measure, Analyze, Design, Verify) methodologies for process improvement and design.
- Basic understanding of business processes.
- Access to a computer with internet connectivity.
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Access to all course materials, including video lectures, exercises, quizzes, and additional resources
- Self-paced learning – complete the course at your own pace and schedule
- A certificate of completion from the Council of Six Sigma Certification
- The knowledge and skills necessary to implement Lean Six Sigma principles in your organization and boost your career
- Professionals in quality management roles.
- Individuals interested in advancing their career in process improvement.
- Team members involved in Lean Six Sigma projects.